Last weekend a few of the committee members got stuck into some work at the track.
Significant improvements were made to the facilities including:
- Compressor blow off table was installed with a new compressor and two air guns.
- A new light was installed into the container.
- All of the rubbish around the track/in the containers was disposed of in a skip bin.
- Both containers were cleaned and sorted.
- The drivers stand container was prepped for a new coat of paint (rust removal and primer).
Thanks to all who came and lent a hand, these are great improvements to the facilities at the club and we will continue to improve the clubs facilities in the future.
We will be having a full day working bee this coming Saturday (01/09/18) as the track is a little rough from the last couple of race days.
This is the only spare day we have before next race day to get this work done due to fathers day being on Sunday and the Canberra Clay Cup being hosted the following weekend.
If you could lend a hand for even an hour or two, it would be greatly appreciated. There will be a BBQ lunch available for anyone who is helping out.
A few of our IRC members made the trip over to Thailand last weekend to compete in the inaugural SOAR Buggy Party.
The guys had an awesome time and said the experience was amazing.
With around 80 entries for the event, the guys results were very competitive.
In the Nitro A-Main, Mitchell Scott finished in 8th position. Theo Assa was in 5th position before playing chicken with a concrete wall, ruling him out of the race.
In EP8, Theo Assa took 1st position and Peter Coombs brought home 4th position, just missing out on 3rd by seconds.
Great job guys!
The results from yesterdays Campbelltown Hobbies Cup Round 3 are now live on the website.
Click HERE to view.
This Sunday (12/08/18) we will be running the 3rd Round of the Campbelltown Hobbies Cup at IRC Off Road.
We are looking forward to having a fun and action packed day as always.
If you haven't already, click HERE to enter the event online.
See you all on the track Sunday!
We will be holding a Working Bee this Saturday (04/08/18) and Sunday (05/08/18) to prep the track for next weekends Campbelltown Hobbies Cup Round 3.
As always, if you are free at any time throughout the weekend please come and lend a hand - without these working bee's, Race Days cannot happen and many hands makes light work.
We will be there from around 9am on both days and the 1.5 tonne roller will also be making an appearance to pack the clay down and flatten the bumps that have formed.
If we get enough hands, we will get out the BBQ for a nice lunch.
Hope to see you there!
The results from today's Campbelltown Hobbies Cup Round 2 are now live.
Click HERE to view.
Thanks to the guys who came and lended a hand today.
The track is looking quite good, however there are still some very soft/muddy spots where the puddles were. These may need to be covered with some carpet before practice starts tomorrow.
We will be running timed practice tomorrow from 10am till approx 3pm.
$10 for members and $15 for non members. Payment must be made at the canteen before you head out onto the track.
See you all tomorrow.
The club will be having a working bee tomorrow from 8am in order to prepare the track for the Campbelltown Hobbies Cup Round 2 next weekend.
Due to the rain and hail Albion Park received yesterday we will not be rolling the track. Rolling a wet track does more harm then good so the club has made the decision to cancel the roller.
If you have any spare time to lend a hand tomorrow it would be much appreciated to get the track back into tip top shape. As previously mentioned, if we get enough hands to finish all track work tomorrow, we will be running a timed practice day on Sunday (15/07/18). I will post an update here tomorrow afternoon informing on whether the practice day will be run.
Hope to see you all tomorrow and Sunday!
- After an inspection today, the track has finally dried out and is now open to Financial Members for practice.
An update on things happening at the club:
1. We will be holding a working bee at the track this Saturday (14/07/18). The roller has been hired for the day and after the recent wet weather we have had, the track needs some work before Campbelltown Hobbies Cup Round 2 on the 22/07/18.
2. If we get enough numbers for the working bee on Saturday to get all the work done, we will be running a timed practice day on the Sunday (15/07/18). This timed practice day will totally depend on how many people we get on the Saturday for the working bee and the decision will be made Saturday afternoon on whether it is run. Please, if you have any spare time on Saturday come and lend a hand - the more hands the better.
3. Race Control will now also be using a new laptop along with a new UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply). We were having issues with the old laptop and it was unreliable at race days so a new PC was needed. The new UPS will keep power flowing to the Race Control PC and MyLaps Decoder for around 1-2 hours during the event of power failure, or if a circuit breaker trips. This allows racing to continue and no interruptions to races in the event of a power failure or circuit trip.