After careful consideration, both the IRC Committee and Proline Australia have agreed to cancel this weekends Proline Round.
This is due to the extreme weather forecast that is due to hit tomorrow and run all weekend.
We would prefer to call it early to allow everyone to cancel their accommodation and get refunded.
We will work with Proline Australia to get the event rescheduled and advise once we have an update.
Juniors class has been added to the entry list for Proline. Please note this class will require a minimum 7 entries to go ahead.
If the Junior that is racing is too young/inexperienced to marshal, it is the parents responsibility to marshal for them, or provide a replacement marshal.
Enter online HERE.
Finally, we have had a few weeks without rain and this has given us the opportunity to finish the track rebuild.
In some sections of the track, the clay was still very wet underneath the surface, making it extremely difficult to work with. It took two full weekends of machinery and the committee's time to get the track back into shape, but considering what it looked like 3 weeks ago, we are very proud of the efforts. HUGE thank you to all those involved - you know who you are.
Is it perfect? No. But it gives us the ability to start racing again and changes/fixed can be implemented as we move forward.
Thank you all for your patience. We can finally get back racing!
There is a Timed Practice Day scheduled for this Sunday (19/06/22). Memberships are also due for 2022 and are payable at the canteen this Sunday.
We hope to see you there!
Below are some pictures of the completed track.
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the track rebuild and where we are at to get back racing.
Unfortunately, as most of you are probably aware and dealing with yourselves, the weather over the last month or so has been atrocious and has meant we have not been able to get on the track with machinery at all. This has obviously pushed back our progress with the track rebuild, and with more heavy rain due over the next week, we are unsure as to when we may be able to get back on the track with machines to continue.
Fingers crossed this is sooner rather than later. I will be sure to keep posting updates here and on our Facebook group.
Stay safe in this weather everyone and hopefully we can get back to some racing soon!
Hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year. Just giving you all an update in regards to the track rebuild and the start of racing/some minor changes for 2022.
Track Rebuild: Firstly, we are still in the middle of the track rebuild. Unfortunately, the wonderful weather we have had of late has been pushing progress back. We have a lot of machinery booked in for next weekend, so we are hoping to smash out a huge weekend and get 95% of the build finished. This will (hopefully) allow us to get our first event underway the first weekend of Feb (weather permitting). We are bringing HUGE amounts of clay onto the track and believe when we are finished we will have a cracking track/surface.
Race Calendar: Our race calendar will be finalized and posted once I have a solid date for our first club day. I will post it up here and on our website as soon as this is finalized.
Memberships: A reminder that 2022 memberships are due and will be payable once we start racing at the canteen. The prices for memberships in 2022 have remained the same:
Sponsorships: The committee has made the decision that all sponsorships from 2021 will be carried over to 2022. Due to the lack of racing we did in 2021, we believe the sponsors did not get value for money. IF, however, you were a sponsor and are in the financial position to still contribute to the club, and would like too, please reach out - it would be much appreciated after the slow year we had due to lockdowns. If you would like to become a new sponsor of the club, please reach out to me directly to discuss.
Minor changes: Race fees for 2022 will have a minor change:
IRC Off Road's Annual General Meeting will be held at the conclusion of racing at our final race meet for the year (12/12/21). The meeting start time will be approx 5pm.
All members are welcome to have your say and vote in the new committee for the 2022 racing year.
An update from the Club! We met tonight and have decided to move forward slightly differently to last planned.
Currently, so long as the Government sticks to their word, we will be allowed to commence from November 1st.
We are no longer going to undertake a track rebuild this year (due to the small amount of time we have left in this years season). The rebuild will now take place in the off season early next year, which means we will have a brand new, fresh track ready for next years racing season.
We will be doing our best to get the current track back into shape to finish out the remainder of the year. Please see our updated calendar attached which outlines our racing plan for the remainder of 2021.
We have also decided to cancel the Christmas Party this year, instead opting for a big two day event early next year, on the new track layout. This will be announced in more detail in the coming months.
I also want to remind everyone that is looks like until at least December 1st, any person to attend a practice/club day MUST be fully vaccinated and show proof of this, while checking in to the premises.
Fingers crossed only a few weeks till we are back at it!
Hope we have all stayed safe over the last few months.
Just a bit of an update on things from the clubs end. We are crossing our fingers that the easing of restrictions during this month at either 70% / 80% full vaccination rates will allow us to get back to the track and at least getting some form of driving in (whether it be racing or practice days).
We have had plenty of clay delivered to the track, and with the track not being touched since lockdown began for Greater Sydney many months ago, we will be taking the opportunity once we are allowed at the track do undertake a full rebuild, since the track already needs so much work. We also need to do repairs from vandals to the speakers system, conduit and water hose for the wash bay as these have all been damaged.
Once we have this completed, if the restrictions allow, we will be opening up to do what we can, whether this be race days or just practice days, we will have to wait and see what the Government allows.
One thing I want to make everyone clear of is that it certainly looks like only fully vaccinated people will be allowed at the track once restrictions ease, at least until December 1st (according to the current restrictions easing road map released by the NSW Government). If this is the case, this will mean that all people that do attend when we open back up will need to QR code check-in at the canteen, and show a proof of vaccination.
Once we have more information I will be sure to post up and advise.
Fingers crossed we can get back to some form of racing ASAP.
Sadly we have made the decision to make an early call on this Sunday's Club Day. After the rain last night the track is already swamped and with the forecast looking no better for the weekend, we have decided to call it early.
We will be rescheduling this Sunday's canceled Club Day to next Sunday (27/06/21). The Practice Day that was scheduled for 27/06/21 will be rescheduled, however, at the moment we are unsure as to when (will be announced soon).
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this weekends Proline at IRC Off Road will now be an OPEN TYRE EVENT.
We have been in talks with Proline Australia and unfortunately stock will not arrive to have enough sets of Blockade's for all drivers. Because of this, both the club committee and Proline Australia have agreed that the event will be ran as an open tyre event.
There will still be a limited number of Proline Blockade's, along with plenty of Buckshot's available for purchase at the event, should you wish to run either of these tyres.